The main philosophy of Shanly Foundation is to help local good causes. In particular we welcome applicants that are helping to improve the welfare and quality of life of those that are disadvantaged within the community. We also support many local community events and festivals, scouts and girl guides, local schools, sports and social clubs as well as international aid organisations.
Listed below are examples of the type of application the Foundation will receive.
- Registered charities, particularly those that assist the physically and mentally disabled
- The elderly and other members of the local communities that may be disadvantaged through no fault of their own
- Organisations that help rehabilitate citizens back into local communities
- Local sports and social clubs
- Local Rotary and similar community organisations
- Local scouting and guiding groups
- Outdoor activity centres for young people
- Woodland and environmental conservation organisations
- Social and community events; festivals; exhibitions; displays; fetes; galas and concerts that help raise funds to support local good causes
- Aid for international natural disasters
We do not make awards to individuals, for research or for core costs. We also do not donate to military charities, single faith charities or animal welfare charities. Finally, we cannot accept your application if your organisation has been in existence for less than 12 months.