The main philosophy of Shanly Foundation is to help local good causes. In particular we welcome applicants that are helping to improve the welfare and quality of life of those that are disadvantaged within the community. We also support many local community events and festivals, scouts and girl guides, local schools, sports and social clubs as well as international aid organisations.
Listed below are examples of the type of application the Foundation will receive.
- Registered charities, particularly those that assist the physically and mentally disabled
- The elderly and other members of the local communities that may be disadvantaged through no fault of their own
- Organisations that help rehabilitate citizens back into local communities
- Local sports and social clubs
- Local Rotary and similar community organisations
- Local scouting and guiding groups
- Outdoor activity centres for young people
- Woodland and environmental conservation organisations
- Social and community events; festivals; exhibitions; displays; fetes; galas and concerts that help raise funds to support local good causes
- Aid for international natural disasters
Only under exceptional circumstances are awards made to individual applicants. We also do not generally support research applications or requests for core costs.